Tips & tricks
شرح لأستخدام أسم موقعك للدخول على البريد الإلكتروني
مثال: webmail.domain.ltd بدلا من webmail.softwex.com
Since your domain name is one your most valuable assets, recently we added Two-Step Authentication or 2FA as another layer of security which could help you avoid disasters.
What is 2FA?
Two Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, two step verification, is an extra layer of security that is known as "multi factor authentication" that requires not only a password and username but also something that only, and only, that user has on them, i.e. a piece of information only they should know or have immediately to hand - such as a physical token. [Source: https://www.securenvoy.com/two-factor-authentication/what-is-2fa.shtm]
How to enable it?
To complete the setup of Two-Step Authentication you need to do the following:
- Log in to your Softwex account then go to Settings - Security and click "Enable Two-Step Authentication"
- Download Google Authenticator from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Launch the app and click the Add button (+)
- Scan the QR code
- Confirm by entering the six digits code into the designated area.
Once the process is finished, next time you log in you will be presented with a page where you enter a six digits code generated by Google Authenticator app to access your account. So even if hackers were able to get hold of your password it is still not enough for them to tamper with your account.
We strongly recommend that you enable this option to keep your account safe!
Smartphones has become an essential part of our modern life, fast response requires that we're pluged in at all times. Today we will walk you through how to setup your email on GMAIL mobile app.
- Open GMAIL app and create a new account
- Select "other" from the previewed menu
- Add your email address and select "MANUAL SETUP"
- Select "Personal (IMAP)"
- Enter your password
- For incoming server settings make sure that the username is your full email address, your server is "mail.domain-name.com", and your security type is "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates).
- For outgoing server settings make sure that the username is your full email address, your server is "mail.domain-name.com", and your security type is "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates).
- the application now tries to connect to your server to validate your choosen settings
- Select your account options as preferred.
- Your Account is activated!
Below is an example where I demonstrate to you the 10 steps using my email at softwex.com!