Tips & tricks
Softwex is a domain registration and web hosting company that provides online hosting services in Sudan. You don’t need credit cards and the process is fairly easy. We’re gonna walk you through the steps you need to get your website up and running with Softwex.
What you need:
1- Softwex Account! Create an account at Softwex (https://www.softwex.com). Make sure to activate it by opening the link you got in your email address.
2- Softwex Cards or an ATM Card that supports online payment: We have many ways to recharge your Softwex account. To recharge your account balance go to (My Account -> Add balance) and you’ll have the following options:
- Sudapan Online Payment: You can recharge your account using your Sudanese ATM card or CashCard. Make sure you have an iPIN for your ATM Card.
- Softwex Cards (Find our Distributors and Sales Points here)
- OneCard Account
3- A unique domain name! Go to www.softwex.com and see if your domain name is available by looking it up. (Make sure to select the right website suffix (.com, .net, etc..) aka “top-level domain” (TLD).
Once you confirm that your account is ready, your balance is sufficient and your domain is available.
You can start the domain registration process:
- Click on Register Now! To get started.
- Fill out your contact details.
- Choose a hosting subscription option: You need a hosting if you want to create emails, upload files and applications on your website.
- Review and checkout!
By: Omer Khojali
شرح لأستخدام أسم موقعك للدخول على البريد الإلكتروني
مثال: webmail.domain.ltd بدلا من webmail.softwex.com
Since your domain name is one your most valuable assets, recently we added Two-Step Authentication or 2FA as another layer of security which could help you avoid disasters.
What is 2FA?
Two Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, two step verification, is an extra layer of security that is known as "multi factor authentication" that requires not only a password and username but also something that only, and only, that user has on them, i.e. a piece of information only they should know or have immediately to hand - such as a physical token. [Source: https://www.securenvoy.com/two-factor-authentication/what-is-2fa.shtm]
How to enable it?
To complete the setup of Two-Step Authentication you need to do the following:
- Log in to your Softwex account then go to Settings - Security and click "Enable Two-Step Authentication"
- Download Google Authenticator from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Launch the app and click the Add button (+)
- Scan the QR code
- Confirm by entering the six digits code into the designated area.
Once the process is finished, next time you log in you will be presented with a page where you enter a six digits code generated by Google Authenticator app to access your account. So even if hackers were able to get hold of your password it is still not enough for them to tamper with your account.
We strongly recommend that you enable this option to keep your account safe!
Smartphones has become an essential part of our modern life, fast response requires that we're pluged in at all times. Today we will walk you through how to setup your email on GMAIL mobile app.
- Open GMAIL app and create a new account
- Select "other" from the previewed menu
- Add your email address and select "MANUAL SETUP"
- Select "Personal (IMAP)"
- Enter your password
- For incoming server settings make sure that the username is your full email address, your server is "mail.domain-name.com", and your security type is "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates).
- For outgoing server settings make sure that the username is your full email address, your server is "mail.domain-name.com", and your security type is "SSL/TLS (accept all certificates).
- the application now tries to connect to your server to validate your choosen settings
- Select your account options as preferred.
- Your Account is activated!
Below is an example where I demonstrate to you the 10 steps using my email at softwex.com!